Happy Wo'men's day

To begin with, let me tell you I'm not here to promote feminism. I prefer supporting a person, without considering their sex before doing so.
Since today is International Women's day, I have been getting messages and images on Whats app since morning. Not only that, you will see images and posts of different kind based on women rights on Facebook and Twitter today. Suddenly everyone is so respectful towards women...isn't it? Strange! Because, just yesterday I read somewhere that some orphan girls were molested in an orphanage at some state in India. Anyway, I saw a post this morning on Facebook that says respect a woman for who she is, not what she wears. Well! that's right. But don't forget it the next day when you pass a comment on a woman or a girl saying 'see...what dress she is wearing...that's why rapes happen in India'. Well, I don't really remember whether it was a woman or a man who posted that on Facebook, but I am pretty sure even some women do pass such comments on other women. Then why do we always blame men? Another question struck me this morning - On which day do we celebrate Men's day? Well I had no idea there was something called men's day too. So I googled it. Then I got to know that 19th November is that lucky day for men. But I really don't remember seeing any messages, posts or images on Whats app or Facebook on that day ever. Why? oh! Since some men rape and disrespect women, all of them do not deserve any respect from women and society. Don't you feel some women try to make it look like what a woman can achieve is far more important than what a man can achieve, just because they have achieved it in spite of being a woman. Again, why? Why do we say 'Being a woman, we have done this and that...'. Stop being a sympathy seeker. We should simply say 'I knew I could do it, so I tried and made it happen.' It sounds better...right? I say it every time I achieve something in life. To all the women - 'Stop thinking that you should defeat men to prove yourself, or that only men are trying to bring you down. Look around and you will find many women who are jealous of your achievements and are planning to pull you down...Do fight for your rights, but not against men...rather against each and every person(man or woman) who ever thought you were not good enough'.
Men and women are incomplete without each other just like the title of this blog. To all the men - 'Try to become a woman's motivation, love her, stick by her. All they want is respect and importance. They don't need your sympathy." 
- Chirasree, a dreamer 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A murderer( 2 min read)